To support the efficient operation of the club, the Propeller Club – Port of Jacksonville is seeking an Executive Secretary. The full job description for this part-time role is available below. Club President Lindsey Brock and his leadership team will accept resumes through end of business on Friday, July 5. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROPELLER CLUB OF JACKSONVILLE
Under the direct supervision of the president this position provides administrative and secretarial support for the president, officers and board members to facilitate the efficient operation of the club. The duties and responsibilities include a wide range of administrative and office support activities such as, but are not limited to, financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and events, obtaining supplies, answering both mail and email correspondence and working on any special projects. Also, independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Financial / Accounting
- Check P.O. Box weekly for mail and checks payments to the club for membership, events, etc.
- Record checks and deposits in spreadsheet according to the club’s template.
- Ensure club invoices are paid on time.
- Prepare deposit slip and make deposits to the club’s bank account.
- Collect all funds during events.
- Coordinate with club officers to ensure petty cash is available for events.
Membership & Corporate Membership
- Record and maintain club membership records and Corporate Membership records according to the club’s processes.
- Update regional and international club records.
- Coordinate monthly board meetings with appropriate venues to reserve date, choose menu selection, and follow up to report headcount.
- Send out Board Meeting reminders via email to all officers, board members, immediate past presidents, and ex-officio’s.
- Attend meeting and take minutes.
- Prepare an agenda for the board meeting by working with the President and officers of the club.
- Prepare enough copies of minutes, agenda, etc to hand out at meeting.
- Coordinate with VP Programs (or Event Chair) to assist in reserving venues, reviewing contracts, choosing menu selection.
- Attend the events, welcome guests and handle registration.
- Run any errands necessary to prepare for that event.
- Prepare a check-list of responsibilities for each event.
- Assist with reservations for all events.
- Check email every workday and respond to inquiries as necessary.
- Prepare and log checks for events, bills, etc., and have signed by President or Treasurer.
- Maintain files on events, sponsorship info, membership info, board meeting info, any related administrative issues with regional and the International club.
- Prepare printed mass mailings.
- Send reminders regarding events, deadlines for contracts, deposits on events, etc.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an executive and professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, software applications, photocopiers, etc.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some lifting, standing or bending may be required as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours of work vary depending on the club’s meetings and events.
No travel is expected for this position with the exception of within the local Jacksonville area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- At least one year of administrative experience
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Office Suite
Key Competencies / Qualifications
- Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Organizational and Planning Skills
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- Ability to Prioritize and Be Flexible
- Judgment and Decision-Making Ability
- Problem Assessment and Problem Solving