The Transportation and Logistics Network (TALON) hosted a sold out business summit, “Progress 2018: Preparing for the Change to Come”, on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at the University of North Florida’s Adam W. Herbert University Center. The event was held to educate transportation professionals about the digital trends affecting supply chains.
The summit featured keynote speaker Brian Wynne, President and CEO of the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI). Propeller Club President Jeff Price served as master of ceremonies. The event was sponsored by Beaver Street Fisheries, Inc. Sea Best Corp., First Coast Industrial, The Grimes Companies, DAMCO, EnSafe, Main Ocean Port Services, and the North Florida Transportation Planning Organization (TPO). In addition, panel discussions on transportation technology and industry projects, as well as networking opportunities, connected maritime, transportation and logistics professionals with information relevant to the industry.
The program concluded with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the presidents of the six host organizations, as they pledged to:
- inform maritime, transportation, logistics and transit professionals about industry developments;
- educate the public about the importance of the industry to the regional economy; and
- promote the Northeast Florida region as a hub for multi-modal transportation and logistics activity.
Photos from the event are now available on the club’s Facebook Page, courtesy of Russ Dixon/Elvacomm.
The keynote presentation is available below:
The working group known as TALON, which stands for the Transportation & Logistics Network, is the culmination of an historic partnership between the following Northeast Florida transportation organizations: Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO), Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), JAX Chamber Transportation & Logistics Council, Propeller Club of the United States – Port of Jacksonville, Transportation Club of Jacksonville (TCJAX) and Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) Northeast Florida Chapter.
Featured image above, courtesy of Russ Dixon/Elvacomm (pictured left to right):
- Propeller Club of the United States – Port of Jacksonville President Jeff Price
- Women’s Transportation Seminar, WTS Northeast Florida Chapter President Cheryl Freeman
- Conference of Minority Transportation Officials, COMTO President Aisha Eccleston
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, CSCMP President Ike Sherlock
- Transportation Club of Jacksonville, TCJAX President Brandon Nelson
- JAX Chamber Transportation & Logistics Council, President Scott Lane