The Propeller Club of Jacksonville will promote and support all aspects of the maritime industry while educating legislators and the public related to the importance and necessity of all waterborne commerce.
The Propeller Club of Jacksonville strongly advocates for the maritime industry in the Port of Jacksonville, across the United States and abroad. The Propeller Club of Jacksonville is a business network dedicated to the promotion of commerce, global trade and the maritime industry. The club’s programs educate the public and elected officials about the importance and necessity of waterborne commerce. Specific objectives include:
- Promote and support the American Merchant Marine and the maritime industries through the collaboration and participation of public relations, education and good will among exporters and importers and the public in general
- Deliver awareness to the local community about our rich maritime history in Jacksonville
- Promote safety, security and improvements on and around the port and surrounding waterways
- Provide charitable contributions and fundraising events to support local charities and non-profit organizations
- Support and develop relationships with local student port programs to deepen the knowledge and appreciation of the American Merchant Marine and provide a gateway for networking opportunities within the maritime industry